Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 2!

Today was the second day of the internship, and I can safely say this will be a great summer! All the interns met for our daily meeting and we made preparations for our first cookout tomorrow at lunch (I will bring the burgers)

Afterwards, I went to the classroom in which I will be working and settled in. My workplace is quite spacious and has an outlet so I should work very efficiently there this summer. I spent the morning reading through some chapters of a textbook that Dr. Kartaltepe gave me while I took notes on it. Just the first chapter has already drastically expanded my knowledge about galaxies and their formations.

The interns and I had lunch together in the meeting room. It was a relaxing break. I then met with Dr. Kartaltepe and introduced myself to a college student who is working on developing the same app as me but for Android (opposed to iPhone). We will likely work together in the near future. I spent the rest of the afternoon brainstorming ideas for the app, setting up the programming project in Xcode, and playing around with images of galaxies on DS9 and STIFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment