- What is the app?
- Why make the app?
- Who is the target audience?
- What is the goal/purpose of the app?
Astrophysics: Key concepts
- What are the significant properties of galaxies?
- How are galaxies categorized and classified?
- Galaxy evolution, formation, and how they change on their own
- Galaxy merges and interactions
- Starbursts, star formation rate
Game: User’s Perspective
- What are the user's objectives?
- Image gallery
- Encounter different galaxies and objects as the universe ages
- User galaxy evolves on its own and through interactions
- Merge and interact with other galaxies
- Information boxes
Embedded video demo (Think about the order of the demo and the game description)
Game: Programming Perspective
- The Swift programming language
- Tools: Xcode and Source Tree
- Game architecture: model, view, controller
- Optimizing the code so it doesn’t keep track of thousands of space objects
- “Vicinity” and “Neighborhood” algorithms
- Star formation rate equation (implementing the starburst)
- Maybe have some documentation to reference throughout this section
- Implementing more galaxy types and other types of space objects/phenomena?