Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6: First Day

Today was the first day of the internship. All the interns met at 8:45 in the morning for a meeting, something we will do everyday of the internship. Afterwards, we got a tour of the Chester F. Carlson CIS building which familiarized us with the layout of the building we would be working in. 


We then went to the "Red Barn" where we participated in several team building exercises in groups. The exercises ranged from analyzing knots to building towers out of pipes to pouring water into a tin can. The activities were very entertaining and I believe they helped me and the rest of the interns get to know and trust each other.

After the activities, we all walked to the Global Village where we ate lunch at Salsarita's (a restaurant similar to Chipotle or Moe's). I was able to talk more to a few of the interns during lunch which let me get to know them even better.


Next, we each met with our individual advisors; my advisor is Dr. Jeyhan Kartaltepe. For my project, I will work on developing a game application for the iPhone. The game will revolve around teaching the user about galaxy formation and other astronomical phenomena in a fun and interesting way. Dr. Kartaltepe gave me some books and links for me to read over which I did for the rest of the day.

I am very excited for this internship!




No comments:

Post a Comment