Since today was a Wednesday, there was another talk for us to attend at lunch time. The lunch talks were originally schedules for the REU students, so Bob had to find a speaker for us. Roger Eaton, one of the lead researches in the Historical Document Restoration group, spoke to us about the many projects he has worked on and is still working on. These included the Archimedes Palimpsest, Shakespeare's seventh signature, and Picasso collages. His work entails using many different imaging techniques to uncover text that hidden to the eye.
During the rest of the day, I worked on the app and began putting together my presentation. I spent a good chunk of time creating code that causes information boxes to appear when the user first merges with each type of galaxy. These information boxes will contain explanations for how the specific type of merger will affect the user galaxy and will have a link to a website that describes the process in more detail. The purpose of these boxes in to provide immediate educational feedback to actions of the user within the game. This way, the user is learning about astronomy while playing the game. Also, I added a gas accretion slider to the game, so now the user can change the gas accretion rate of the user galaxy. This slider, along with the time acceleration slider, will allow the user to change their galaxy a lot without having to merge or interact with other galaxies all the time.